The articles linked from this page focus on connecting with other Pagans (and specifically with other Pagans who do things you’re interested in or want to learn more about.) The early sections are aimed at anyone who general community interaction (such as online, at public events, etc.) while the later sections focus on public ritual settings, festivals, and group work.
This section is undergoing some serious renovation, both due to the way finding groups has changed over the years and the current implications of the coronavirus. Keep an eye on my blog for updates (and you can find the old pages no longer here over on the archive page.
Finding other Pagans
- Kinds of Pagan practice and different kinds of groups: A range of options.
- What’s a coven? People use the term different ways.
- Finding other Pagans: How to find where the Pagans are.
- Types of larger Pagan events : Explore the range of events out there.
- Cultures and customs: Tips on learning about a new community or Pagan group.
- Finding a coven during Covid-19: Tips on connecting with groups when group things are complicated.
Take care of yourself
- Evaluating groups and events : some tips to help you sort out what to expect (and what you might want to walk away from.)
- Privacy concerns are something you may want to review at this point.
- Cautions when looking for connections. Many people will be glad to help you – but you should be cautious of some kinds of situations.
- Groups and safety concerns : advice for safer and better initial meetings with a group or teacher.
- Conscious Awareness of Religious Environments (CARE) : a method for evaluating a group for concerns
Communication and etiquette
- Getting in touch with a group : tips to help you get better results.
- Names : Why people choose Pagan names and what you should know about using them.
- Treating people well : Guidelines for treating people well in Pagan spaces like rituals and classes.
- If your email goes unanswered : advice to help you understand why someone might not respond.
- Getting the most out of public events : Some tips for a better experience.
- Children and public events : how to manage public events with your child.
- What is the difference between group and solo work? Some things to think about as you consider groups.
- Teachers vs. groups : differences between working one on one or with a group.
- The problem of insisting on a specific tradition : what to consider instead.
- Why a group might not be open to new members right now. Many groups have times when they’re open to new members, and times when they’re not.
- Why meet first? Why groups want to meet potential people before inviting them to group events.
- What groups look for in potential members : some things to think about.
Groups in practice
- What do people mean by degrees? How the term is used in Pagan groups.
- What is initiation? What the word means in religious witchcraft.
- What is oathbound material? And what does it mean for group learning?
- A possible Dedicant year : in case a sample of what might be covered is helpful to you.
- You may want to check out the Groups and Paths section on the Questions page, as well.