The articles linked from this page focus on connecting with other Pagans (and specifically with other Pagans who do things you’re interested in or want to learn more about.) The early sections are aimed at anyone who general community interaction (such as online, at public events, etc.) while the later sections focus on public ritual settings, festivals, and group work.
Finding other Pagans:
- Finding Pagan groups : advice for finding other Pagans in person (both small groups and larger events)
- Evaluating groups and events : some tips to help you sort out what to expect (and what you might want to walk away from.)
- Questions to ask yourself when considering your options : a list.
- No options nearby? Consider these possible places to look.
- What matters about group structure : not always the things you think.
- Learning about a group or event : ways to find out information.
- Online conversations and privacy concerns are both things you may want to review at this point.
- Cautions when looking for connections. Many people will be glad to help you – but you should be cautious of some kinds of situations.
- Why a coven might not be open right now (and some things to do if it isn’t).
Communication and etiquette:
- Names : why people choose Pagan names and what you should know about them.
- Making a first contact by email : tips to help you get better results.
- If your email goes unanswered : advice to help you understand why someone might not respond.
- What to wear : advice on what to wear for public events including rituals.
- Potluck choices : need to bring a potluck dish? Here’s advice for some good items.
- Getting the most out of public events : different kinds of events and how they work.
- Going to a public event : what you might expect and what you might like to bring.
- Open rituals : specific advice for attending public rituals.
- Children and public events : how to manage public events with your child.
Finding a group or teacher:
- What is the difference between group and solo work? Some things to think about as you consider groups.
- Kinds of Pagan practice and different kinds of groups: A range of options.
- Groups and safety concerns : advice for safer and better initial meetings.
- Teachers vs. groups : differences between working one on one or with a group.
- Conscious Awareness of Religious Environments (CARE) : a method for evaluating a group for concerns
- A possible Dedicant year : in case a sample of what might be covered is helpful to you.
- The problem of insisting on a specific tradition : what to consider instead.
- Why meet first? Why groups want to meet potential people before inviting them to group events.
- What groups look for in potential members : some things to think about.
- What do people mean by degrees? How the term is used in Pagan groups.
- What is initiation? What the word means in religious witchcraft.
- What is oathbound material? And what does it mean for group learning?
- You may want to check out the Groups and Paths section on the Questions page, as well.