I have been writing new things! Just not making them very obvious. Here are the new pages since last May.
July found me finishing a whole set of essays about libraries, librarianship, and research. I hope they’ll explain some of the not-helpful mysteries of how libraries work so you can find awesome resources.
- Libraries and Librarians : Overview for people who aren’t one about what they can do for you.
- What makes a librarian : Information about librarians, their education, and the profession.
- Getting less common material : How to use interlibrary loan (and what it does), as well as getting access to unusual collections, academic resources if you’re not an academic, etc.
- How academic publishing works : So you can put academic articles in perspective.
- The problem with “Just Google it” or “Look at Wikipedia” : an explanation of filter bubbles, varying search techniques, and other things that affect what different people find online.
- Evaluating an academic article : What the title says, focused on evaluation for religious use.
- Deepening a relationship with a deity : Ideas for getting to know a deity better.
- What are the actual risks? Drawn from a conversation about the risks of magic and ritual.
- Getting the most out of public events : Different kinds of Pagan events and how to make the most of them.
I’m slowly working on some behind the scenes editing to make headers and other formatting more consistent across the site (as part of improving accessibility). I have plans for some design changes later this winter (new graphics, I don’t expect to be making major layout changes.) I’ve got about four dozen articles I’ve got notes for, and am hoping to get a fair number added in the next two or three months too.
Drop me a note via the contact form if there are things you’d particularly like to see!