It’s January, which is a time when a lot of people are poking at their methods of organisation and getting things done, and that makes me want to talk about what I’m currently doing and how it’s working.
Why on a Pagan blog? Well, first, I don’t stop wanting to get things done just because I’m Pagan. But also because a couple of the things I’ve started doing are related to long-term divination and lunar / astrological awareness. My current organisation of my tasks is also (lightly) astrology centered, using a method I’m finding very helpful for getting an idea of balance between different parts of my life.
Last spring, I commissioned the lovely people at Omega Artworks (Gary and Suzy Zahradka) to make me an athame. It arrived this week, and now I want to share photographs!
My presentation for today is up on a separate page, for easy reading. (Livable: Universal Design and Pagan Practice). People seemed to like it!
There’s been discussion in several corners of the Pagan blog world about presenters and compensation at conventions, and I have many thoughts on this. (And also, because I’ve seen a lot of conversation over time where people aren’t very aware of all the moving pieces, and laying them out seems useful.)
(Yeah, I know. I go months without updating, and then two posts in the same day. But thinking about my earlier one lead me to this.)
It is twelve years and two days (September 2nd, 2001) since I Dedicated to the tradition that I am now a 3rd degree priestess in. And I find it’s a good time for me to say “Here’s what I wish someone had told me then.” 
What’s happened since then?
- 9/11. And how people dealt – or didn’t deal – with it.
- I got married. (in later 2001. after wrangling lots of paperwork – my ex was Canadian)
- I got divorced. (we separated in 2005, and the actual divorce was in 2006.)
- I moved in with housemates. I moved out from living with housemates.
- I took a break in grad school. I went back and finished my degree. (Master’s in Library and Information … Continue reading