This page collects a few disclaimers, and includes some useful copyright information.
Book and music suggestions:
I don’t recommend books I haven’t read (and generally more than once). However, that doesn’t mean I agree with everything in them. I’ll often outline my basic thoughts along with the suggestion, or on my books blog, but if I don’t, you can feel free to contact me and ask.
The same thing goes for websites. If I link to a page, I either agree with it, or I agree with parts of it (and will be clear about why I’m suggesting it). That doesn’t mean I agree with everything on the site.
Links to online stores:
I sometimes link to products I haven’t used (if so, I’ll say so). But the stores I link to are places I shop myself and recommend.
In particular, both the major Pagan stores in the Twin Cities are great. I shop fairly regularly at both Magus Books (which has an amazing herb wall of 300+ medicinal and magical herbs, along with books, music, tools, and more) and at the Eye of Horus (which also has books, music, tools, and more.)
I tend to link to specific items on the Eye of Horus website, because their catalog system makes that easier (and they generally have high quality photos and additional information), but I recommend both stores.
You can find a fairly complete list of places I like shopping (and think well of) for related items on my personal info site.
In places where I think there might be a conflict of interest (I’ve known a particular author for a long time, for example), I’ll do my best to say so briefly. Mostly, though, the people I like to hang out with like people to share both their likes and dislikes, so it doesn’t generally change what I’d say about a resource or object or tool.
I – Jenett – am a librarian. I care deeply about sharing information.
But I also care deeply about making sure complete information is shared (not parts), and about making sure that people can trace the creator, so they can ask questions, look for additional resources, and all sorts of other wonderful things.
I wrote everything on this site (except for a few places where I quote and cite someone else: these are always clearly marked). Some of it has appeared on my blog. Some has appeared on or been adapted from forums or email lists I post to. (I’m always Jenett, other places, or JenettSilver)
- Share a link to this site with anyone who might be interested (as long as the place where you’re sharing it is fine with links.)
- Feel free to make a copy for your own personal use (printout, electronic copy, etc.) as long as you include the URL and author information.
- Contact me if you have questions, thoughts, or comments – especially if there’s something you’d like to see me write about.
- Copy material from this site to other formats (other than a single personal copy for review and study.) Many pages here depend on material on other pages on the site.
- Share full copies of this site with others (a class, etc.) without permission.
If you’d like to share this material with others (in your own teaching notes, handouts, website, etc.)
- Please ask! The contact form is the best way to reach me.
- Chances are really good that I’ll say yes for any non-profit use.
- I want to know where my work is being shared, so I can point you at other related information as I create it, and answer questions.
- If you have a for-profit use, I might still say yes. Depends what it is – send me the details.
When the complete CARE commentary is done, I anticipate releasing the two shorter versions into general use via a Creative Commons license, with nicely-formatted PDF versions. However, I’m not there yet. I’ll update here, and on those pages, when that’s ready.