And here, find discussions on a range of topics that don’t necessarily fit tidily into other areas, usually because they overlap practice and theory in various ways.
- Am I ready to try X? A guide to think through whether you’re ready to try using a new skill or technique.
- What are your options if you’re under 18 or 21? Many groups have a lower age limit, which can be confusing.
- Why do some people firmly against charging for training, and others charge? Complicated question, but here’s some ways to sort out what’s going on.
- People keep talking about degrees. What school do you go to to get these?
- How do I get people to take what I say about my experience seriously?
Tools and practices:
- What’s with people working skyclad? (And some more resources for people interested in looking at size acceptance, health at every size, and related approaches.)
- Do you really need fancy tools?
- Are all [Wiccans/Pagans/whatever] vegetarian? eco-friendly? politically liberal?
- What’s with oathbound material? Why is it there, and why won’t people share what they do?
Groups and teachers:
- Why aren’t groups open to everyone? I feel left out.
- Why don’t traditions focus on expanding? Don’t they want to get bigger?
- Ok, so what happens to people where there isn’t someone willing to teach? Can’t the teacher move?
- “I’m interested, and so is my sister/brother/friend/spouse/partner” comes up sometimes, but it’s got some complications – here’s a look at things to be thinking about.
[last update April 9, 2011]